The happiest (and busiest!) time of the year is fast approaching! The holidays usually coincide with family gatherings, parties, shopping and trips. With all of that going on, it can be difficult to maintain your usual beauty routine. Below are some of our favorite time saving tricks and tips.
- Apply dry shampoo to freshly washed hair. Using Shampure Dry Shampoo on clean hair will prevent your hair from getting oily in the first place. This should give you at least one extra day before you need to shampoo again. Bonus: it will also add texture and volume!
- Keep your ends fresh between trims. Damage Remedy Split End Repair temporarily binds split ends and leaves your style looking healthy when you don't have time for a salon visit.
- Hydrate while you sleep. Masking is extremely beneficial for all skin types. In the cool months it is especially important to add hydration back into your skin. After applying your favorite moisturizer at night, apply a thin layer of Aveda Intensive Hydrating Mask. Give it a few minutes to absorb and go to bed. This mask is a clear gel that leaves no residue. Using it overnight will leave your skin fresh and glowing in the morning.
- Refresh your skin throughout the day. When you're out all day, sometimes your makeup can start to look dry or cakey. Carry a bottle of Botanical Kinetics Toning Mist (for oily skin) or Skin Firming Toning Mist (for dry skin) and lightly mist as needed throughout the day. This will help refresh your makeup and will keep your skin balanced.
- Stain your lips. Bold and bright lips are festive but often high maintenance. Apply your lipstick and blot with a tissue. Repeat and then apply one more thin layer of lip color. This with ensure that you have a pretty stain left even after drinks.
- Get glowy. Take a light, shimmery shadow (like Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Illumination) and lightly dust it on the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of your nose and cupid's bow. This will give you a candlelit glow in any lighting.